2nd Sunday after Pentecost
June 18, 2017
"Build Your Life's House Wisely!"
1) The house built on sand collapses forever.
a. A house built on sand may look good, but ..
b. Just being/looking good doesn't admit you into heaven.
c. Those who do God's will enter the kingdom of heaven.
* "Doing God's will" is believing in Jesus. Building on any other foundation (wealth, popularity. pleasure, self-righteousness) leads to eternal collapse.
2) The house built on the Rock endures forever.
a. Jesus is the only foundation for faith and life.
b. Whoever builds on Jesus believes the Gospel and follows God's will in faith and love.
* When the storms of life descend, the wise builder stands firm on Jesus. When death itself strikes, he will enter eternal rest in heaven!,
The First Sunday after Pentecost
Festival of Holy Trinity
June 11, 2017
How Shall We Live Our Christian Life?
1 ) By worshiping the Triune God
a. Jesus came to His disciples to strengthen their faith.
b. Jesus revealed the true God is Three in One.
* Thank the Lord for His revelation as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, our Creator. Redeemer, and Sanctifier.
2) By bringing His saving gospel to others.
a. God wants all to be saved.
b. Christ's people will carry out His great commission.
* Remember Jesus' promise, "I am with you always!"
June 4, 2017
"lt ls Good for Us that Jesus Went Away"
1) He sent the Holy Spirit to convict us of sin.
2) He sent the Holy Spirit to convict us of righteousness.
3) He sent the Holy Spirit to convict us of judgment
Seventh Sunday of Easter
May 28, 2017
"Our High Priest Prays to his Father in Heaven"
1) Glorify Your Son as He Completes His Mission.
2) Protect Your People as They Continue Their Mission.
Sixth Sunday of Easter
May 21, 2017
The Holy Spirit Will Be with You Forever!
1) He will make Christ alive in you.
a) Jesus promised another Counselor-the Holy Spirit.
b) The Holy Spirit comes alongside us to encourage us.
c) The Holy Spirit brings Christ to live in us
* How can the holy God live in us? Jesus has cleansed us of all sin. Until we live with God in heaven, He comes to live in us as His children. That's our new identity!
2) He will bring Christ's love to you.
a) He shows us God's love in Christ.
b) He leads us to live in Christ's love guided by His Word.
* The Holy Spirit brings God's truth to us so we live by His Word and promises!
The Fifth Sunday of Easter
May 14, 2017
John 14:1-12 (Bible, p. 763)
Rejoice that you trust in the living Savior!
1) He assures you of eternal life in heaven.
a. The disciples' hearts were very troubled.
b. Jesus assured them o fa heavenly home.
c. Jesus assured them He is the Way, Truth, and Life.
* How will you overcome your worries when your heart is troubled? Hear your Saviour's promises and trust in Him.
2) He shows you the Father's love.
a. We want assurance of God's love.
b. Anyone who has seen Jesus has seen the Father.
3) He gives the Holy Spirit to enable you to do great things!
a. Jesus work of saving us is finished.
b. He returned to the Father to send the Holy Spirit so we may show Him, the Way, Truth, and Life to others here and around the world.
4th Sunday of Easter
Good Shepherd and Confirmation Sunday
May 7, 2017
"Live Life to the Full!"
1) The Good Shepherd gives life to the full.
a. False shepherds try to steal and kill.
b. The Good Shepherd died and rose to save.
* The Good Shepherd called you by name and leads you through His Word. When other voices call, whom will you follow? Only the Good Shepherd can give life to the full!
2) The Good Shepherd is the Gate to God's blessings.
a. The shepherd is the gate to the sheep pen's safety.
b. The Good Shepherd is the gate to God's blessings now and forever.
* Some leave the safety of the Shepherd. Some starve their souls. But look at the life to the full your Good Shepherd gives you! Jesus is alive from the dead. Live life to the full by faith in Him!
The Third Sunday of Easter
April 30, 2017
"Stay with Us, Lord Jesus"
1) To give us lasting hope.
2) To guide us with your word.
3) To comfort us with your presence.
2nd Sunday of Easter
April 23, 2017
Are You Paralyzed by Fear? Or Powered by Faith?
1) Without faith, we should be afraid.
a. The world hates us as Christians (John 15:18-20).
b. So the disciples were afraid because Jesus was dead.
* What are you afraid of? We're tempted to hide behind locked doors, even the doors of the church.
2) Jesus' resurrection powers our faith.
a. Jesus appeared to take away his disciples' fear.
b. Why doesn't He appear to us?
c. Because, "Blessed are those who have not seen, yet have believed."
* Our faith is based on the rock-solid evidence of the eye witness writings, inspired by the Holy Spirit. When fears arise, turn to the Word and Sacrament and live powered by faith.
April 16, 2017
Turn to Jesus for Resurrection and Life!
April 14, 2017
The Seven Words
First Word: Luke 23:34
Second Word: Luke 23:43
Third Word: John 19:26-27
Fourth Word: Matthew 27:46
Fifth Word: John 19:28
Sixth Word: John 19:30
Seventh Word: Luke 23:46
Final Lesson: He Was Buried
April 14, 2017
1 Corinthians 11:23-28
Turn to Jesus and Receive His Absolute Assurance of Forgiveness!
April 9, 2017
It's Not Too Late to Honour Jesus!
1) Honor Jesus in faith and love.
A) Jesus' friends prepared a supper to honour Him.
B) Mary poured out her perfume to honour Him.
* Faith in Jesus will show -Galatians 5:6; 1 John 3:1,3; Hebrews 11 :6; Matthew 25:40; Philippians 2:4. How will we show our faith?
2) Honor Jesus with your best.
A) Like Mary, we receive Christ's love by hearing His Word.
B) Like Mary, we give our best as a memorial of our love for Jesus.
* Our deeds which evidence our faith in Jesus will also stand as a memorial to Jesus' love for us, and our love for Him.