17th Sunday after Pentecost
September 27, 2020
We are the Lord's!
1) We are the Lord's – He bought us with a price.
a. Satan was causing division in Rome, dividing Jew and Gentile believer.
b. The easy solution – create two churches.
c. God's solution – Jesus taught the moral law and gave us freedom in “different matters (things not specifically commanded or forbidden in the Bible.)
* Since we by faith in Jesus are God's forgiven children, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
2) We are the Lord's – serving Jesus together.
a. . We are free to serve not ourselves, but the Lord and others.
b. We won't have feelings of superiority when we focus on glorifying and thanking the Lord in our decisions about indifferent matters.
* Jesus said, “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me” (Matthew 25:40)
3) We are not the Lord – we have no authority to make up rules where God hasn't.
a. Let's not pass judgment on those who decide differently than we.
b. Christ will judge our motives.
* What if someone has “offended” or “judged” us? Remember what Jesus taught in our gospel lesson – forgive one another. Someone has well said: “In essentials (doctrines clearly taught in the Bible) – Unite; in non-essentials (things not commanded or forbidden in the Bible) – liberty; In all things – charity.”
16th Sunday after Pentecost
September 20, 2020
Christian, Let God's Love Shine Brightly!
1) As you live as a citizen of this world.
a. God established governing authority to bless us.
b. Paying taxes honestly enables government to serve.
* What blessings do we receive though our government? What do we do if government contradicts God's authority? Is the rise of ungodly attitudes within our nation due to us failing to get involve?
2) As you live as citizen of heaven.
a. The summery of God's law: “Love your neighbour as yourself.”
b. Who is our neighbour?
* Who of us is perfect? Only Jesus loved perfectly. Thank Him he also died for our sins. Since we're God's children by faith in Jesus, let His love shine!
15th Sunday after Pentecost
September 13, 2020
Live in View of God's Mercy
1) You'll Offer Yourself as a Living Sacrifice.
2) You'll eagerly use your gifts to God's glory.
14th Sunday after Pentecost
September 6, 2020
To God be the Glory!
1) The world glorifies itself and its wisdom.
2) We glorify God for His wisdom through Jesus!
13th Sunday after Pentecost
August 30, 2020
Lord, Have Mercy on Us!
1. Our Sin Is Our Plight.
2. “Lord Have Mercy,” Is Our Plea.
3. ”I Will Have mercy,” Is God's Promise.
12th Sunday after Pentecost
August 23, 2020
Are You Adjusting to the Word – Or Holding to the Word?
1. Remember your privileges through the Word.
2. Remember the Saviour who comes through the Word.
11th Sunday after Pentecost
August 16, 2020
Nothing Can Separate Us from the Love of God!
1) Life's Trials cause us to question God's love.
2) God showed His love in Christ's ministry to save us.
3) Nothing therefore can separate us from God's love.
10th Sunday after Pentecost
August 9, 2020
Your Gracious God Writes Your Life's Story
1) He wrote His eternal story for you.
2) He writes to make everything work out in the final chapter.
9th Sunday after Pentecost
August 2, 2020
The Holy Spirit Is Your Prayer Partner
1) He prays for you with inexpressible groans.
2) He prays for you according to God's eternal will.
8th Sunday after Pentecost
July 26, 2020
The Lord Corrects Our Vision
1) Our vision expects suffering.
2) Our vision sees the hope of glory.
7th Sunday after Pentecost
July 19, 2020
Christ Gives Us Victory in the Spiritual War.
1) He enlisted us to fight the war by giving us faith.
2) He assures us of the victory!
6th Sunday after Pentecost
July 12, 2020
What Does it Mean to be a Christian?
1) We are in Christ – the Source of life.
2) We are like Christ – the Ideal of life.
3) We will be with Christ – the Hope of life.
5th Sunday after Pentecost
July 5, 2020
God's Love Gives Us the Gift of Life
1) In Adam's Sin we all die!
2) In God's grace in Christ we live!
4th Sunday after Pentecost
June 28, 2020
God Loves You – Rejoice!
1) He demonstrated His love when His Son died.
2) He assures us of His love since His Son lives.
3rd Sunday after Pentecost
June 21, 2020
Christ gives you Faith for the Real World
2nd Sunday after Pentecost
June 14, 2020
Romans 3:21-25a, 27,28
Whats is the Right Life that Counts before God?
June 7, 2020
2 Corinthians 13:11-14
Receive the Blessing of the Triune God
May 31, 2020
The Holy Spirit – God's Wonderful Pentecost Gift to You!