The 5th Sunday of Easter
May 19, 2019
1) God promises an eternal Home in heaven.
a. John sees a vision of a new heaven and new earth.
b. There is “no longer any sea”. All evil is gone!
c. John sees a New Jerusalem prepared as a Bride.
* Jesus came from heaven to earth to be our heavenly Bridegroom. He has returned to heaven to prepare a place for us. Now we are unite with Him by faith through the gospel. In heaven - “the dwelling of God is with men!”
2) God promises to make everything new.
a. All the “old” results of sin will be gone.
b. God has spoken. His words are trustworthy and true!
* Satan and his evil seem to be in control. But even now the One on the throne has entrusted to us the Means of His Grace to make things new! How can we be anything but confident and courageous as we await the day the Lord invites, “Welcome home!”
The 4th Sunday of Easter
May 12, 2019
Our Good Shepherd assures us of eternal life
1) He brought us into His flock.
a. Those who refuse to believe Him are not His sheep.
b. By nature we also were not His sheep.
c. Our Good Shepherd made us His sheep in grace.
* Follow your Good Shepherd, and know His gift of eternal life!
2) He rescues us when we wander.
a. We're prone to wander and wonder about eternal life.
b. Jesus in grace promises to keep us safe.
* Despite the times we are unlovable, God continues to love and care for us. He uses Christian mothers to cradle His lambs in His loving arms.
The 3rd Sunday of Easter
Youth Confirmation Sunday
May 5, 2019
1 John 2:24-25
See that God's Word Remains in You
1) You need God's power to stay in faith for eternal life.
a. Are you concerned about losing your faith?
b. The Lord promises to keep you in faith.
* Thank the Lord for His gift of eternal life!
2) God's power works through the Word to keep you in faith.
a. Faith is God's gift to you.
b. The Holy Spirit will keep you in faith by the Gospel.
* Use the Means of Grace. The Lord will bless and keep you!
The Second Sunday of Easter
April 28, 2019
Acts 5:12, 17-32
Let's Go Tell the Full Message of This Life!
1) Won by Jesus' death and resurrection.
a. The resurrected Lord blessed His church.
b. Christ's apostles proclaimed new life through Jesus.
* Only the Lord can answer our questions about life. Thank Him He has given us life through Jesus (John 11:25)!
2) Witnessed by Jesus' faithful believers.
a. What about those without Christ?
b. Satan tries to keep the message from getting to them.
c. “We must obey God rather than men!”
*Are we ready to witness even if it requires sacrifice? One gave all – for all! All who believe give some, some give all as they lay down their lives for Jesus. We live now and forever by the power of God who raised Jesus from the dead!
April 21, 2019, 9:30AM
1 Corinthians 15:1-11
View the Easter Son-Rise!
April 19, 2019
What Shall I Do Then with Jesus Who is Called Christ?
April 19, 2019, 11 AM
It Is Finished!
April 14, 2019
God's grace In Christ – It's not fair! It's free!
1) In love Jesus freely sacrificed Himself for our sin.
a. Get an attitude – like Jesus!
b. Jesus humbled Himself.
* Why did He humble Himself? To sacrifice freely for our sin.
2) In love Jesus rose for our salvation.
a. God the father exalted Jesus to the highest place.
b. We praise Him, for He is our Savior and King!
* His Son suffered our sin's consequences so God freely forgives us.
3) In love Jesus gives us eternal life – for free!
a. Jesus comes to us humbly through Word and sacrament.
b. Humbly accept in faith the salvation God offers through Jesus.
* Jesus entered Jerusalem in humility to carry out the Father's will to save us. Will you be one of the Lord's donkeys humbly carrying Jesus into your Jerusalem?
The 5th Sunday in Lent
April 7, 2019
To Win the Race of Life – Keep Your Eye on the Goal!
1) We win the prize by faith in Jesus.
a. Paul thought he could win by his own effort.
b. He now counted everything in his past as rubbish.
c. He knew he received the prize by trusting in Jesus.
d. His goal – to know Christ!
* Let's not boast of anything we could ever do to be righteous before God. We receive the prize of eternal life only by faith in Jesus (Ephesians 1:7; Romans 4:25 -5:2).
2) We run the race with the strength Christ gives.
a. We live a new life as we live for our Savior.
b. Since our life in this world will never be perfect, we daily repent and run toward the goal with strength Christ.
* Don't look back. Keep your eye on the goal with the strength Christ gives through His Word and Sacrament.
The 4th Sunday in Lent
March 31, 2019
Sing for Joy!
1) With confident trust in God our Saviour.
a. Israel had turned from the Lord.
b. The Lord does not ignore sin.
c. In the Old Testament He taught a substitute for sin.
d. Jesus is the Substitute through whom we are forgiven.
* God's love in Christ drives out fear and causes us to sing for joy!
2) When you drink deeply of the wells of salvation.
a. In the arid desert God provided water for His people.
b. In a drought of God's love, Jesus quenches our thirst.
* Drink deeply of God's love through the Means of Grace – the gospel in Word and Sacrament. Whoever drinks of this water will never thirst (John 4:14).
3) When you joyfully proclaim the gospel.
a. We sing for joy together in Christ's Church.
b. We proclaim the gospel to others.
* When we in whom the Lord dwells live by His prompting, opportunities will abound to praise Christ to others!
The 3rd Sunday in Lent
March 24, 2019
Who's Who? He's the Great I Am!
Exodus 3:1-8b, 10-15
1) He appeared to rescue Israel.
a. Background of Israel in Egypt.
b. The “Angel of the Lord” appeared to Moses.
c. Where He is – is holy ground!
d. He came to fulfill His ancient promises.
* Do we like the fact that the LORD is God? Do we remember when we worship Him we're standing on “holy ground”?
2) He appeared to rescue the world.
a. He veiled His glory in the shroud of His humanity.
b. He died and rose to free us from sin, death and hell.
c. He gave us His signs He will keep His promises.
* God trained Moses to serve Him. He is training us, so “Who me”? Turns into “Here am I, send me!”
The Second Sunday in Lent
March 17, 2019
Rejoice! Your Citizenship Is in Heaven!
1) Beware of being earthly-minded.
a. As believers given new birth – we have a choice to make.
b. We're tempted to be earthly-minded, aren't we?
* Beware of being earthly-minded, for then our destiny is destruction.
2) Be blessed by being heavenly-minded.
a. God created us for eternal life with Him.
b. Through Jesus our citizenship is in heaven.
c. Live with your heavenly goal in mind.
* Hands stretched forward and eyes gazing downward will strain your spiritual muscles. Eyes gazing up – and your spiritual muscles will adjust to living with your heavenly goal in view!
The First Sunday in Lent
March 10, 2019
Where in the World is God?
1) He is near you through His Word.
a. Due to our sin, God would have been far away.
b. Through the gospel He is near you.
* Where is God? How can we contact Him? Travel to the Gospel, and you'll know God is with you!
2) Call on Him since He is so near.
a. Through faith in Jesus you will be saved.
b. Through faith in Jesus you will never be put to shame.
* God is everywhere. In His Word He comes to you personally to create and strengthen your faith, to heal and forgive your sins, and to enliven you with His love and power to live.
The Transfiguration of Our Lord
March 3, 2019
What a Heavenly View!
1) When you view your life through God's promises.
a. Moses climbed a mountain to see the Promised Land.
b. Moses disqualified himself from entering the Promised Land.
c. Moses entered the eternal Promised Land by faith.
* But since Jesus purified us from all sin, we have a heavenly view as we live by faith in God's promises.
2) When you view eternity through God's promises.
a. Moses appeared in glory with Jesus.
b. Jesus is the Prophet to whom we now listen.
* The most beautiful we have by faith is Christ on Mount Calvary and Christ arisen. When our faith journey ends – What a heavenly view!